Monday, March 19, 2012

Meet Little Aveer. Kind of.


If you are reading this, you likely already know our exciting news.

We're having a kumquat!


Thanks to babycenter.com, we know what kind of fruit is growing inside my uterus every week!  Spoiler alert:  Week 13 we graduate to crustaceans.

The baby is growing in the right spot!

Here are the facts:
  • We are due October 1, 2012 (-ish)
  • It's not twins.  Whew!
  • The plan is to remain in the dark regarding the sex of the baby.
Also, thanks Aunt Kendall for naming the not-yet-a-baby.  It's nice to call our little gestational fruit by name instead of "it" or "the baby."

Here are the bumpdate pictures thus far:

After several pregnancy tests (and Ben taking one to make sure that they weren't broken), we went to the King of Prussia Mall to buy my first maternity dress, so we could document my growing waistline.

Ben and Murphy didn't want to be left out of the excitement 
Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I'm a little in denial about having a bump.  It just seems weird.  
Why would something "the size of a medium shrimp" (apparently, we are expanding beyond the produce section) move all my organs around and make it difficult to button my jeans?

But I suppose I am starting to have a little bump.
Second Trimester, here we come!

9 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!! Congrats Julie! What exciting news!! can't wait to follow your journey into motherhood:)) It's a wild and crazy ride of pure amazingness (yes I made up a word, that how I roll). You look adorable as always:)) we do not live all that far from each other by the way1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You guys are in Pittsburgh, right? I really want to get out that way, but you know how it is. If I ever do, we will certainly have to make lunch plans or something (same if you make it out east!). Your little Ally looks like so much fun! Her little personality shines through all the pictures that I have seen on FB.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you both! :-D what wonderful news!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I was keeping my blog secret until I told work the big news. Now everyone knows and there are no more secrets. We can all be excited!)

      Delete
  4. Yes yes yes!!! I am SO excited for you. You will be a great mom! I am just thrilled! I really like the dress you picked too:) Congratulations Vendaveer family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! That was a fairly stressful experience, picking out my first maternity dress, haha. We are super excited!! And congrats to you on your latest little addition to the Zukas family! You guys aren't very far either. I have got to get out more and see other people who left Oklahoma.

      Delete