Sunday morning we were very productive as soon as it warmed up above 55 degrees.
Pictured above are our wall planters with:
A) Basilico (a gifted basil plant from a very sweet, authentic South Philly Italian woman)
B) A Comlumbine surrounded by Bacopa
C) Cilantro! For the salsa, of course
D) Spearmint, pineapple sage, and creeping jenny
I was so busy at work I forgot to get pictures of Ben drilling holes in the pots and moving heavy bags of soil around. But, he really did most of the work.
A very young garden. From the top of the picture:
A) Sweet Texas Onions
B) Assorted hot peppers
C) Okra, unsprouted seeds. Maybe I won't kill this batch. . . .
D) Two Lima Bean plants. Nope, not for salsa.
E) A strawberry plant. I suppose you could put these in salsa? But really, I'm just excited that I'm not actually allergic to this fruit.
If you use your imagination, you can see a tomato plant in each of the terra cotta planters. We are awaiting the arrival of 2 varietals from our across-the-street neighbor's fundraiser.
And some pretty, dark purple calla lilies on the left.
Now we just need to put some chairs out there and remember to water!
C) Cilantro! For the salsa, of course
D) Spearmint, pineapple sage, and creeping jenny
I was so busy at work I forgot to get pictures of Ben drilling holes in the pots and moving heavy bags of soil around. But, he really did most of the work.
A very young garden. From the top of the picture:
A) Sweet Texas Onions
B) Assorted hot peppers
C) Okra, unsprouted seeds. Maybe I won't kill this batch. . . .
D) Two Lima Bean plants. Nope, not for salsa.
E) A strawberry plant. I suppose you could put these in salsa? But really, I'm just excited that I'm not actually allergic to this fruit.
If you use your imagination, you can see a tomato plant in each of the terra cotta planters. We are awaiting the arrival of 2 varietals from our across-the-street neighbor's fundraiser.
And some pretty, dark purple calla lilies on the left.
Now we just need to put some chairs out there and remember to water!
No comments:
Post a Comment