Monday, October 24, 2011

Welcome to Wilmington!





This weekend, Ben took me to go see one of our favorite singer-songwriters in concert.  Andrew Bird performed the final concert of his North Eastern states opera house tour.  It was so much fun.  I would post the 2 songs I got to video, except I can't manage to successfully upload one and they were against the rules to record anyway.  Believe me, it was fantastic.  (Send me a facebook message and I will send you Andrew Bird albums over Spotify.  And Martin Dosh.  Amazing.)


Apparently, downtown Wilmington is about half an hour from our house.  We left early to beat the Flyers' game traffic. In addition to dining at Washington Street Ale House, we explored a bit:
the venue:  Grand Opera House



a snowman sculpture rendition of a mummy

a creature to keep the mummy company (?!)

we found the right place!
and we remembered the tickets!





1 comment:

  1. the opera house looks so cool! (neat. neato!)

    & I love your shirt :)

    ReplyDelete