Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Apple Pie Pouches



Remember when we made Apple Pie Cookies?
They were very delicious, yet very labor intensive, so i decided to create another version.

I had a leftover pie crust from the holidays and several apples laying around. (Why go through all the effort of just making just one when you can just as easily make two and freeze the extra for later?)  

Are you ready for the recipe?  It's really complicated:
1 pie crust, roll as thin as possible
2 apples, sliced very thinly (I didn't peel mine)
2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
some cinnamon and sugar (very precise)
1 egg white (optional, really)
oh, and you need a muffin pan

Roll out half the pie dough.  Cut into about 6 pieces (must be large enough to make a pouch in a muffin cup).  Roll each piece out again.  Add a small handful of apples.  Add a piece of butter, some cinnamon, and some sugar.  Gather the edges together.   Egg wash the finished product and sprinkle with more sugar and even more cinnamon, if you want.  Bake at 350 for 22-28 minutes, depending on how often you open the door to check on them.  Makes about 12 (notice the one empty spot in my muffin tin).

I forgot to peel thee apples, but I don't think it mattered.

If I make these again, I would double the amount of sugar and cinnamon.
This will be difficult to do, since I didn't measure anything.



Serve warm with ice cream.  Or milk, if you are into that.  I strongly prefer ice cream.

Eat again cold for breakfast the following morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment